To be an effective digital Teacher you need to have a bag of tricks that you can use to create effective learning experiences for the children in your care.
This video explains a bit about this particular school has approached digital learning in their school district.
Good teaching – digital or otherwise, always starts with good sound pedogogy.
1. Knowledge and application of the Planning Cycle Example Planning cycle for ICT
2. Approaches that encourage Metacognition: Mind Maps
3. Collaborative Learning : A variety of approaches
6. Data Informed instruction: Research Article
7. Active Learning: Simple explanation
Standard Tools +Power Tools +Cordless Power Tools
We all have out standard teacher tools that are essential to use in the classroom. I believe we need to expand on the Teacher tools to create the Power Tools. These are the Digital Tools that allow for things to be built quicker, faster, sturdier and with less effort in less time with better results – in the hands of the correct tradesperson!
Once the Powertools can be used safely then extend to the cordless tools: